#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important; #header-inner {text-align: Center ;} Fiji Coupfourpointfive: No leads into arson at Singh's office

Sunday, June 7, 2009

No leads into arson at Singh's office

Fiji police say they're still investigating a fire a week ago at the office of trade unionist Attar Singh.

The Fiji Post & Telecommunications Employees Association office in Knollys street, was set alight in a clear case of arson between 9pm and 10pm on Saturday the 30th of May.

A security guarding a nearby property was alerted to the blaze when the alarm was triggered at the FPTEA office.

His quick action saved the building from being engulfed in flames and he managed to extinguish the blaze before the arrival of firemen.

Below are pictures that show it was arson.

1. The arsonist, or arsonists, apparently entered the compound through the rear boundary and used petrol to start the fire. This is the empty gallon, smelling of petrol, left behind.

2.The jug was used to spill petrol inside the front lounge of the office through an open louvre window next to the main entrance.

3. The charred floor in the lounge.

4. A farmer's hat, normally worn by soldiers, was left on the steps of the front door of the office.

5. Charred chair after the fire.

6. Charred table in the office.


Anonymous said...

I wonder if the police are going to be honest effecient with their investigation regarding this case.Let's wait and see if they will be able to expose the culprit!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't take too much imagination to come up with who was responsible for the cowardly attack! This has become the common act of a very powerful organisation in power at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Interesting.. fingerprints could easily be extracted from the galon, jug and shattered bottle! DNA from the cap. However, Fiji does not have a good computerised database to compare the results. unless the police could get a warrant to have all the militray personnel tested. Highly doubtful.