Official paper work shows what the populace already knows - the military sucked up millions of dollar that wasn't in its budget.
An Auditor General's report shows expenditure for 2007 went over budget $45 million, thanks to the military spending about $126m for the year when it was only allocated $81m.
The details of the report were revealed today by the Fiji Broadcasting Corporation, which says millions went on establishing staff, travel and communication, maintenance and operation and goods and services.
1) The RFMF Trust Fund did not provide records for January to November 2007
2) The reconciliation of December 2007 was dodgy
3) Thirty-four Trust Fund Accounts had overdrawn balances totalling over $1.5m
4) The trust funds did not belong to the illegal government
FBC says concerns were also raised on RFMF’s purchase of various military stores and equipment worth $21m since no funds were allocated in the budget for such purchases.
1) $272,000 worth of stationeries and office supplies from Mass Stationery in 2007
2) Purchase orders and payment receipts were not issued
3) $79 thousand dollars on vaccines and medical stores
4) Much of the vaccines were not used