The police and the Reserve Bank in Fiji are trying to get on top of the $1million heist from the Kings Wharf on Saturday night but have made no arrests yet.
The Fiji Village says the police are interviewing people who knew about the money coming into the country on Friday night.
It quotes assistant spokesperson, Inspector Atunaisa Sokomuri, as saying the people who were rostered over the weekend will be questioned as the container was cut open from the outside, and someone working at the time must've known something about the theft.
But the FijiVillage says the Fiji Ports Corporation is refusing to comment on the internal investigation with acting chief executive, Waqa Bauleka, calling a brief meeting with media to say it would be presumptous to make comments this early.
Meanwhile the Fiji Times says the head of the Reserve Bank held closed-door meetings yesterday.
It says the RBF public relations officer, Mervin Singh, confirmed Sada Reddy had been meeting with his senior managers but would not divulge any more information.
The Fiji Times reported yesterday that robbers removed the money after cutting through the side of the steel container at the King's Wharf on Saturday.
It's understood that after cutting the side of the container the robbers then pierced a hole in the vault before removing the carton which contained the fresh $20 notes.
How the robbers made their way through the wharf unnoticed remains a mystery.