|FOCAL POINT: Sukuna Park.|
The group calling for a march tomorrow at Sukuna Park is responding to some of the comments to the story Coupfourpointfive ran about its call to people to stand up and challenge the draconian decrees and corruption of the illegal regime.
It has released the following statement:
Plan strategy For 20th August 18, 2011
We begin with answering the basic question “who is the organizer and what is their intend? “people can’t support ghosts" – comment on C4.5
Answer: The organizer is the common man who is seen in the crowd but nobody knows his name; he is the faceless that suffer when the leaders sell the nation. He is the one who struggles to feed his family when millions are spent on trips and luxuries of the illegal regime. He is the one everyone forgets after elections. But he is the man who finds courage when everyone fails to stand up and say enough is enough. He has the courage to stand next to another common man and identify a leader to lead and demand that the change happens in Fiji. Yes, we are the common men who will come to Suva on 20th and demand the return of our democracy and for Fiji to be free. We are all ordinary people of Fiji who will free Fiji – if we can’t, than no matter how much international community puts sanctions on Fiji – this regime will not go but the people will go on suffering.
Somebody made this comment: I can’t follow and believe in a “ghost to lead the march” on C4.5 – We say to you all, you believe in God – but you have never seen him but you still have faith in him, you pray and believe in the holy spirit. So believe, my friend, that the ordinary man must rise and free Fiji.
People who are afraid of the police and army – here is their strength if they are deployed in Suva on August 20th:
1. Police and Army Anti riots units – 4 units (60 men team) = 240 men. 40% of these are women who have been training in the camp for this week from RAU and 3FIR. Most of the police tear gas and grenades have expired and not useable. Also, there is not enough protective gear for the police riots units - gear can only cover 150 personnel.
2. Police strength in Suva – 1000 officers – all can’t be deployed in city – who will look after other areas? Police don’t have standard equipments so they are basically unarmed and can be overpowered.
3. Army to be deployed – estimated 500 soldiers
Are the 500 army officers, if deployed, armed with M16?
1. There is a big split in the army and the commander can't trust his own soldiers so weapons will not be issued. With the current situation the camp keeps ammunition and guns at separate locations under different commanders to avoid mutiny.
2. They can't deploy the green in Suva to fire on people as we invite the international media and people to come with cameras : the whole world will be watching.
3. We say to the soldiers come with your weapons - that’s good – because we know 90% of you will switch sides and support democracy and we can use those guns to counter Frank's bodyguards.
You don’t have to start your campaign in the Sukuna Park – come to the city – bus stand, shopping arcades – mix with the common man and use the Hibiscus as the cover. Just stand up and declare that you support democracy and people’s power will rise. Sukuna park is where the masses are to meet and demand democracy.
Save Fiji Movement