Question: What does Mosese Tikoitoga do when he's not crying about being refused a visa to attend the Rugby World Cup? Answer: He bullies the Methodist Church.
Tikoitoga is the big heavy enforcing the regime's edict to keep the Methodist Church in line. See his signature on the orders for the police to make sure the Church doesn't try to meet outside stipulated times.
The Director Operations, SSP Rusiate Tudravu, is the other bully. His is the second signature on the directive aimed at keeping the Church under thumb.
Below is a communication sent by one of the stewards to church leaders.
The Government has decided that no MEETINGS shall be permitted in all Methodist Churches until further notice. This NOTICE applies to all of the following:
- Any ministry meeting (Youth, Women, Men, Social Welfare, Finance & Property etc)
- All Church and Circuit Leaders Meetings (F&P, Lay Preachers etc)
Fellowship and worship programmes are permitted to continue as usual, that is:
- Regular Sunday service programmes
- Friday night Youth Fellowship programmes
- Women's Fellowship gatherings
- Cell Group and Home Church programmes
We hope this NOTICE will not stand for long. Updates shall be sent out by email as they come in. If you seek further clarification you can call the Office Administrator, Eka on 3313952 or reply to this email or call the Church mobile, 9760093. On our Divisional Superintendent's behalf, I apologise about any inconvenience caused.