Some of the details in a paper titled Fiji's Road Map To Political Election 2014 (sent to Coupfourpointfive the day before the consultation process was announced more than two weeks ago on March 9) are too convincing to ignore.
Bainimarama has today confirmed as we touted in our March 14 story (Regime abolishes GCC but wants to cosy up to a chosen few) that chairpersons for the Provincial Councils will no longer be elected but appointed by the regime.
In the paper sent to us on March 8 which revealed that would happen, it was also detailed the GCC would be 'reorganized under a new format' and the strategy would be to 'break the chief stronghold and get trusted sub-chiefs to handle government projects.'
That, too, has happened with confirmation the Rewa Provincial Council will not hold elections this year and Bainimarama reiterating at the Naitisiri meeting today that the GCC was a colonial administration that had to go.
Also mentioned in the March 8 paper were 'new energized loyal colonels and commodores' being made Cabinet's 'new faces.' Motivation for Mosese Tikoitoga's sudden enthusiastic media spiels?
We publish here that March 8 paper that was sent to us by inside sources who said it came straight to them from a meeting of senior military colonels including the land force commander, Captain Natuva, Colonel Saumatua and Colonel Aziz.
The message attached was: "The meeting mapped out an exit strategy for military personnel’s involved in the 2006 coup and how the current illegal PM can be out maneuvered. Some of the strategies were discussed with Bainimarama, others just by the group."
Fiji's Road Map To Political Election 2014
FORMATION OF THE NEW CONSTITUTION FORUM
· The election is not to be delayed any longer and government is to activate a free, fair composition of a “People Constitution Forum” using the various government departments as the driving vehicle to establish the roll out.
· Each government department is to be headed by the PS with a term of reference designed to address all Constitution issues discussed by the committee of the “Peoples Charter”
· Committee members are to be senior civil servants and the committee should be empowered to co-op outsiders to be members with the concurrence of the PM’s office.
· The constitution term of reference is to be simple, easy to understand and be able to be read and discussed by ordinary citizens and in all languages.
· With 20 Ministries 20 Constitution Task Force Teams.
· These teams to be monitored and controlled by the PM's office not the AG's who is immature in his political outlook and his background knowledge in politics has never been tested. If involved, he will use wrong models and can destroy Bainimarama without him knowing what has hit him from the back.
· The Constitution consultation fact-finding mission and compilation is to be 6 to 8months.
· The people and community leaders are to be given the freedom to write in proposals based on their different organizations political, economic, social, unions, school, non-profit organization and churches.
Strategy 2 FORMING A POLITICAL PARTY
·The illegal PM to publicly announce this month he will stand for election. Make a national televised speech of hope, peace, tolerance, understanding and freedom message to get the confidence, attention of the international community and the people of Fiji.
· The illegal PM must hand pick highly professional and political experts to be his election and campaign advisers.
· The illegal PM must form a political party using the current government set-up and empower experienced political loyalist to be his henchmen.
· Militarize all government departments with soldiers, who are to be his campaign runners.
· Reshuffle all the current Roko Tui and place military soldiers so they follow orders well, then civil servants.
Strategy 3 POLITICAL PARTY DECREE
· A new clause in the Constitution must state no old political party will be allowed to register.
· A new political order for registration is to be designed and formulated.
· Candidates must go through a criteria test and qualification skill exam.
· Bainimarama is to propose a name for his political party so the people can accustom themselves to the theme name.
· It is suggested he form and owns the name “One Fiji Party” - the theme being One Fiji for all. The theme is to be used in a way that calls for unity in all his addresses. One Fiji industry, one Fiji export, one Fiji sports, one Fiji health etc.
· Roll this theme out all over the arms of government, organize seminars and workshops on the theme.
Strategy 4 PASS A DECREE FOR THE GCC FORMATION AND MEETING
· Reorganize a new GCC format and hand- pick chiefs who are his supporters and expose them on one-day meeting to discuss new constitution.
· Break the chief stronghold and get trusted sub-chiefs to handle government projects based on people support, which includes churches.
· Redraw GCC role based on a mixture of modernization, revolutionization, heritage and culture.
Strategy 5 RESTRUCTURE CABINET AND PS
· Cabinet is to be reshuffled to put into motion a political campaign working team.
· Female PS are weak links because this current set up is military motivated and to address the road map to 2014, we need military soldiers who are order prone. They follow command.
· PM must start his political campaign roll out by pumping in political charged propaganda.
· New energized loyal colonels and commodores must be Cabinet's new faces.
· Some are popular strategists who are planners of the 2006 over publicized coup.
Strategy 6 ILLEGAL PM HAS NOTHING TO LOSE
· PM will be receiving all the PM retirement benefit after he completes his term this year.
· He's got his millions in his overseas bank
· He hires and fires anyone he likes
· He changes laws whether we like it or not?
· He travels anywhere he likes; he is the most powerful man in Fiji.
· He is challenging every one saying no one can coup him. WHY? Money and Weapon and Military behind him
· Can he be arrested? The answer is YES. By WHOM: Brigadier Naivalurua.
· HOW? Current Public Order Act gives him bigger and better weapon to do so.
· He has extraordinary powers under his wings.
· CP is the only clean colonel during the 2000 coup and he has a better international standing to get support for PM’S arrest.
Strategy 7 ILLEGAL PM TO BE PRESIDENT OR NOT
· PM must go up the ladder to be Commander in Chief and the President.
· Appoint his loyal senior officer who he honorably trusts to hold the DPM position and to take charge of National Security, Fiji Constitution, and National Election.
· For Bainimarama to be President, he must exercise the new model before it becomes part of the new constitution.