The texts were released in Parliament today by the New Zealand First leader, Winston Peters.
Peters yesterday disclosed details about the High Court action taken by a former Fiji civil servant accused of plotting to 'assasinate' coup leader Frank Bainimarama.
The civil servant, who has not been named in the court papers, denied the so-called plot at the time and has won his case against the New Zealand government and discontinued proceedings but is seeking costs.
Peters today called on prime minister John Key to explain to the New Zealand Parliament why he allowed the Security Intelligence Service to help Fiji’s military dictator target a pro-Fiji democracy group in Auckland.
He repeated what he said yesterday: the SIS had no search warrant when it carried out the raids and instead used the Terrorism Suppression Act to circumnavigate the legalities.
Below, the Mosese Tikoitoga text messages to Rajesh Singh as released today by Winston Peters. Note: Singh has previously told C4.5 he is in contact with the regime, especially Bainimarama, but says that does not mean he supports it - to the contrary. Note also that we suggested at the time of the raids that in helping the regime, the New Zealand government had re-positioned itself on Fiji. The former 3FIR commander, Roko Ului, who was also accused over the unproven plot, was supposed to have given the Key government important information after he escaped to Tonga but he, too, was hung out to dry.
1. Hmmmm..yeah all over Fiji news…Fiji One…your name and picture came up….we telling Fiji One did they get facts tight according to media decree…cause u can sue them…
2. Yeah don’t know why Fiji tarnish ur name. Don’t worry we defend you.
3. Yes, media have branded u as terrorist. There is word you could be deported.
4. Fiji-NZ Talks-Foreign Affairs Minister Rātū Inoke Kubuabola has met in suva with his New Zealand counterpart Murray McCully to discuss rebuilding diplomatic relations between the countries. NZ, Fiji hold positive talks- Fiji and New Zealand have held talks to rebuild diplomatic relations.
|TIKOITOGA: Knews about raids|
6. Ok. Ur call. Reality 97 constitution has been abrogated. I take it than. U prefer to fight your battles in NZ. Without further ado, I understand our conversations here ends. My continuous contact will cease forthwith given your current status. I will contact you once u cleared.
7. U talk of law, why hasn’t US Presidents taken to court for collateral deaths in Iraq, afghan, come one u should be better than that. We are at voters registration stage…
8. Don’t worry about us…u becoming a thorn in NZ govt…lol
9. Reality check bro…u the culprit now…NZ FA min met ours in suva last week…hmm
10. Nots about gate now. Its about you…and rklui..
11. Are u NZ citizen or on PR
12. Bro, terrorist? We did raid you, it was NZ ss..so ask them..
13. Terrorist…in NZ
14. Hahahaha Ghai is an independent body…we respect his views…YOU my friend..insignificant…your lack of insight is your downfall…alice was right about you …hehehehehe..”NZ SIS raid Rajesh Singh house for plotting to assinate Fiji PM”. Well you will be deported soon for being threat to NZ govt
15. That’s is a process of restoration of democracy..nz is funding…so any unnecessary comments from you in NZ will be treated as impeding this process….so NZ will informed…hehehe…pliz don’t disturb my mtg with my NZ counterpart
16. I don’t talk to terrorist…as branded by nz govt….